Engaging Our Workforce
with the Power of Purpose
with Special Key Note John Chapo
Learn how Kidwell, Lincoln Industries and Bryan Health embrace community give-back to increase employee engagement, retention, and foster a positive and meaningful corporate culture
Connect with non-profit organizations that can help your business get involved in our community and foster the "power of purpose" in your organization
Thursday, November 2, 2017
11:30 am - 6:00 pm
Wilderness Ridge Golf Course and Restaurant
1800 Wilderness Woods Place
- 11:30 – 12:00 noon Event Registration and Check In
- 12:00 noon – 12:45 p.m. Luncheon
- 12:45 – 1:00 Opening Welcome by ATD and Break.
- 2:00 pm - 2:15 p.m. Break
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Keynote Speaker John Chapo
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Connect with Non-Profits
- 3:30 pm – 4:45 p.m. “Engaging Our Workforce with the Power of Purpose.” Kidwell, Lincoln Industries and Bryan Health speak on behalf of how and why they have incorporated community give back into their corporate culture.
- 4:45 pm – 6:00 p.m. – Happy Hour and Networking
Southeast Community College
About John Chapo
John Chapo has been involved in zoo work for 44 years, ever since he began as a teenvolunteer at age 15 in his hometown zoo in South Bend, Indiana. John began his career as a volunteer zookeeper, moved into concessions and gifts, became a zookeeper while attending Indiana University and later became a lead zookeeper, educator and assistant director. He became one of the countries youngest zoo directors in 1984 at the age of 27.
John headed to Nebraska in 1986 to serve as the director and has enjoyed over 30 years of serving as the President/CEO of the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
John has an associate degree in business administration from Indiana University, a Bachelor of Science in Public and Environmental affairs also from Indiana University and he attended the Jersey Wildlife Preservation Trust summer school and received a certificate.
John currently serves as a Nebraska Tourism Commissioner. He is also very involved with the American Zoo & Aquarium Association, where he is Chair of the Membership Committee. John has and continues to serve on numerous professional and community organizations boards, tasks forces and committees, several in a leadership capacity.